Can someone please enlighten me as to the current thinking is on
integrating Struts with Cocoon:

- there seems to be certain amount of thought/discussion that points
toward reinventing the wheel as far as Cocoon's outstanding XML
functionality is concerned
- Cocoon also seems somewhat to have started encroaching on areas that
were previously not part of its scope, i.e. not directly XML related...
at the very least there is a close analogy between Cocoon pipelines and
the (and eagerly anticipated!) workflow functionality in the next
version of Struts. The Cocoon sitemap and Struts action mappings config
file also exhibit similar ideas, and the ideas of both combined
together could provide a very powerful framework for building apps.

Is this overlap occurring or am I just been seeing things! Forgive me
if this discussion has already taken place, or I've got the wrong end
of the stick! It's true that there are sometimes different perspectives
in each project's take on the same ideas, and sometimes the duplication
of work may make sense, but I think there is probably more common
ground than differences.

It's just that there there are a number of amazing projects under
various parts of the Apache umbrella that I've used use together to
build apps, but recently it seems that sometimes they are not aware of
obvious overlap with other Apache projects... I'd just rather continue
discounting inferior expensive commercial "solutions" to the benefit of
using the great work going on in the projects at Apache XML, Jakarta
etc rather than have to trade off between two different implementations
of the similar functionality in two Apache projects.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing thoughts...

Kosh

For additional commands, e-mail:

related financial instruments.