From: Jakkampudi, ChandraseKhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 8:44 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: ActionForm Defaults/Updates Question

Here is what I do.

User (Generic Value Object)
UserBean (Extends form bean)

On initial page we have a link to viewUser.do?userId=100
In the Action class correspoding to viewUser.do, in the perform method we
have (maybe through an controller or some such)

User newUser = userDAO.getUserDetails("100");
request.setAttribute("user", User);
mapping.findForward("user.jsp");

In the user.jsp page,
User user = (User)request.getAttribute("user"); Use taglibs for this

-JC