Well, actually, look at the code Tomcat generated:

org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag writeTag = new
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag();
writeTag.setPageContext(pageContext);
writeTag.setParent(_jspx_th_html_html_0);
writeTag.setName("testBean");
writeTag.setProperty("value");
try {
int result = writeTag.doStartTag();
if (result ==
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED)
throw new JspTagException("Since tag handler class
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag does not
implement BodyTag, it can't return
BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_TAG");
if (result != javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.Tag.SKIP_BODY)
{
do {
// end
// begin
[file="/testWrite.jsp";from=(16,0);to=(16,46)]
} while (writeTag.doAfterBody() ==
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_AGAIN);
}
if (writeTag.doEndTag() ==
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.Tag.SKIP_PAGE)
return;
} finally {
writeTag.release();
}

It doesn't make any calls to the introspecthelper
method at all. It sets the attributes on the tag
directly. So websphere does some extra work here...
Could this be recognized as a bug? Or is it just an
"old" way of handling tags?

/Johannes

 --- Dave J Dandeneau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>