KeithBacon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> does the form work OK if you remove dateOfBirth but leave the
>other form fields?

Nope.  I only have two fields on the form, and if I remove date of birth it complains
about the second one...

> Is it possible you have 1 mapping that puts the form in the session &
> another
> one that puts another form in the request but with the same name?
> That would explain it if you can find the form bean but struts doesn't?
> Or even give you 2 beans with same name but of different types.

Hmmm.  Unlikely. There are only four form beans defined in my struts-config.xml, and
they all have unique names.

> Perhaps remove focus="dateOfBirth" just in case....

Done that...

> err ran out of ideas for now! More tomorrow morning, but you must >have the ansewr
>by then.!

lol, you would think so!  This is daft, it's got to be something obvious and simple!
Perhaps time to step back and try and write the code again from scratch...if you hear
a scream, I've got the same error again...

Cheers,

Tim.