Ok will do (join the mailing list) will also add the primary key column

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Field-Elliot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 1:04 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: simper and linking tables (many to many relationships)

m-m is not yet supported in an elegent way by Simper. In the docs I
mention 1-1 and 1-m but I don't mention m-m for this reason.

As a tempoary workaround to get going, create another field in your
portfolio_stock table, called "id", and use it as a (pseudo) primary-key
(assigning it unique values, etc, upon every insert). I know that m-m
tables shouldn't require a primary key field (other than a composite of
the foreign keys), but that's just what Simper requires at this point.

Also -- perhaps you might join the simper-users mailing list at SF? I'm
not sure we want to bog down the Struts users lists with Simper usage
discussions.

Thanks!

Bryan