From:   Parimi Srinivas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, March 06, 2002 9:40 PM
To:     'Struts Users Mailing List' (E-mail)
Subject:        Design issue

Hi all,
I want to validate my design.

One of our applications caters to 3 OEM's. Application has three business
functionalities and each business functionality has 4 to 5 screens on an
average. The only difference between OEM's is LOOK and FEEL of the
application. To achieve different LOOK and FEEL for OEM's, OEM names are
mapped to 3 different aliases ( OEM1, OEM2 and OEM3) of action servlet.
Mappings of OEM name and action servlet alias are stored in an xml mappings
file. When users belonging to a particular OEM access application for the
first time,  OEM name is retrieved depending up on the action servlet alias
and stored in a new session. Appropriate JSP's are processed depending up on
the OEM name stored in the session.

There is no user authentication screen in the application.

If a new OEM is added to the application, following steps are followed -
1. a new servlet alias is created
2. Create a mapping between OEM name and action servlet alias.
3. Create JSP pages for new OEM.

Any suggestions,