Looks like it can't find your poolman.xml file.  We jar poolman.xml and
stick the jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory.  That way, when the app
starts up, poolman.xml will get loaded into the classpath.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eddie Bush" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 12:47 PM
Subject: [Off Topic] Poolman Setup

I've done everything (I think) that poolman requires in order to function,
and yet it does not.  After placing only the required jars into my \lib
folder, and having no success with Poolman starting, I threw all of them in.
It still doesn't work.

I wasn't at all sure, from the documentation, where I should poke the
poolman.xml file.  Initially I had it in my WEB-INF directory.  Then, I
copied it to the \lib directory. Still no luck.

Every time Poolman is started, I get the same exact error - a null pointer
exception.  This occurs when poolman is calling parseXML from
loadConfiguration.  The relevant piece of the stacktrace is:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.codestudio.management.PoolManConfiguration.parseXML
(PoolManConfiguration.java:121)
    at com.codestudio.management.PoolManConfiguration.loadConfiguration
(PoolManConfiguration.java:75)
    at com.codestudio.management.PoolManBootstrap.<init>
(PoolManBootstrap.java:61)
    at com.codestudio.management.PoolManBootstrap.<init>
(PoolManBootstrap.java:54)
    at com.codestudio.sql.PoolMan.start (PoolMan.java:97)

The rest of the stacktrace goes into my servlet - which worked fine before I
tried to kick off Poolman in it's init method.

I have also tried not calling start, but, instead, just allowing Poolman to
do it's 'lazy' initialization - same exact result.

I would be most appreciative if someone out there could give me a 'heads
up'.

I'm running Tomcat 4.0.1 (I can't see why that would matter) and JDK 1.3.

Thanks!

Eddie