else?

Thanks,

Bryan

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 15:12, Matt Read wrote:

    I use jCharts (jcharts.sourceforge.net) which is the best I've found for the
    actual chart creation but you still have the same problem with the Java 1.3
    AWT libraries needing an X server. I just use Xvfb which seems to work fine,
    let me know if you need any help configuring it. Other than that I've also
    looked at the Java 1.4, attempted to follow the instructions at
    http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/2D/forDevelopers/java2dfaq.html#xvfb
    with no luck and went back to Xvfb. Let me know if you get it working.

    Matt.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bryan Field-Elliot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Sent: 10 March 2002 22:04
    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject: Server-side Charting libs?

    I was wondering if anyone has any positive experience with open-source
    charting libraries, with Struts?

    I need to generate a chart on the server (from a Struts action) and send
    it back to the client as a Jpeg, PNG, etc.

    I have messed with (a tiny bit) JFreeChart and Chart2d. Both appear (at
    first glance) to have issues with "headless" environments, which my
    server definitely is (no X server installed). I'm using JDK 1.3. At one
    point I read that JDK 1.4 has better support for graphics primitives on
    headless environments, but I don't know if the above two libraries can
    take advantage of that.

    A penny for anyone's thoughts?

    Bryan