From: Marcelo Vanzin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:38 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Problem starting struts beta 1.1

Juan Alvarado (Struts List) wrote:
> 2002-03-28 09:03:18 - Ctx(/struts-upload) : Validating web.xml
> 2002-03-28 09:03:18 - Ctx(/struts-upload) : Exception in preInit
> java.lang.Cla
> NotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl -

        I had exactly the same problem when we switched from Weblogic 6.1 sp1 to
sp2. Under both sp1 and tomcat 4.0 all worked fine.

        I worked around the problem by putting the "commons-logging.jar" in the
server classpath (not in WEB-INF/lib). This is not the ideal solution if
you have more than 1 application running in the server, though.

        Anyone knows what is the cause of this problem?

--
[]'s
Marcelo Vanzin

For additional commands, e-mail: