Hi Patrick,

I would suggest that you first install one of the sample applications
distributed with struts to make sure you have your tomcat environment set up
correctly.

Then, there a several excellent struts tutorials available on the web that
take you through the process of creating and deploying a struts application.
(Search for struts tutorials).

The two key xml files that define a struts application are web.xml, which is
part of tomcat and the servlet environment, and struts-config.xml, which is
struts specific. If you take the time to understand what is in these files,
a lot of what is going on in the struts framework will make more sense.

If you are new to web development with jsp and java then you will need to
familiarize yourself with those languages.
Struts and java is a great web development environment - Good Luck!

Regards,
Phil