Fellow Loggers,

The problem still recurs.
I tried to load my StartupManager Servlet which loads the Log4J
configuration prior to ActionServlet load but in vain.

I still get the following..

log4j: No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
log4j: Please initialize the log4j system properly

The above error seems to be simple to handle but there is an internal
mechanism that is trying to discover Log4J and is doing something with it
even before I load Log4J (via StartupManager Servlet) myself. If all I need
to do is to add an appender, which properties file is it looking for? and
where is it looking for? (/classes)??. It definitely is not looking at my
log4j.properties as I tried to add the appender there and it did not work.

Another question, slightly on a tangent though, I get a "Cannot find
ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection" while the same
struts-config.xml works fine with Struts 1.0.2

Please Advise
hemant