Although I would like to write a chapter on that topic, I believe that the
plate is so full and this topic is so broad, that I couldn't do it justice
in the book. There are so many directions it could go. Using ORM frameworks
like TopLink or Cocobase, to things such as JDO. Then you have to discuss
connection management, transaction management, security, etc... I think
this deserves a book on its own :)

Chuck