From: "Maris Orbidans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: Struts
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: RE: logic-tags related to beans not derived from ActionForm?

> Yes, of course, it's possible.  There is no requirement that class you
work with must be derived from ActionForm.
> A class derived from ActionForm is a bean.
>
> Logic tags also can work with cookies, request headers etc.   ( see doc.
of logic tags )

> I'd suggest you to create some JavaBean ( in session or request scope )
that contains info about user permissions  and access it from JSP.

> Maris
>

> equal - Evaluate the nested body content of this tag if the requested
variable is equal to the specified value.
> Compares the variable specified by one of the selector attributes against
the specified constant value. The nested body content of this tag is
evaluated if the variable and value are equal.

> Attribute Name Description
>

> cookie The variable to be compared is the value of the cookie whose name
is specified by this attribute.

> header The variable to be compared is the value of the header whose name
is specified by this attribute. The name match is performed in a case
insensitive manner.

> name The variable to be compared is the JSP bean specified by this
attribute, if property is not specified, or the value of the specified
property of this bean, if property is specified.

> parameter The variable to be compared is the first, or only, value of the
request parameter specified by this attribute.