Chuck Cavaness

   // Check and see if the pin number is missing
       if(pinNumber == null || pinNumber.length() == 0) {
         String pinNumberLabel = resources.getMessage( "label.pinnumber" );

         // Create an error message for the missing pingNumber value
         ActionError newError =
           new ActionError("global.error.login.requiredfield", "Pin Number");
         errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, newError);
       }
       // Return the ActionErrors, in any.
       return errors;

On page 22 of chapter 3 of the preview book.  What is
the `pinNumberLabel' all about?

I think the chapter 3 is very big. There is lot to take in.
ValueObject side bar could be reserved for a latter chapter.

Also I think for JSP side of thing. How does the Page designer
or person who has to rigourous  follow an e-style guide look and feel
get into the picture?

Hints and tips for using Struts could be helpful.
Web architecture diagram.
May be a UML diagram might help here.

--
Peter Pilgrim                       ++44 (0)207-545-9923

............................................ Swamped under electronic mails