People are already using Struts with the JSTL, and many other JSP tag
libraries.

The great part about taglibs is that you can plug in whatever you need.
Struts, JSTL, whatever. Its not an election of remedies.

It's possible that we may need to expose some of the framework
components differently so that they are easier to use with the JSTL.
This might also make Struts easier to use with other systems like XLST
and Velocity. Input on this point would be welcome.

Over the past year, we've been hanging back a bit on the Struts taglibs,
since we did not want to do anything that might conflict with the JSTL
and muddy the waters.

But now that the JSTL is out, we can start looking at what tags we can
put in the Struts distribution that will best complement what the JSTL
provides.

But, as with all things, what really happens depends a lot on what
people contribute to the project.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services