Hi,

We have been using Struts 1.0.2 for a while now without
problem.  Recently I decided I wanted to try the indexed
tag for forms and found that I needed to use the nightly
build to get this feature.

I have attempted to install the nightly build in my
application and ran into all sorts of problems that began
with this message when I restart tomcat:

MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory

So I tried installing the struts-example war file by
dropping it into my existing tomcat deployment and get the
same error.

I tried moving struts jar files around (like into the
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory) but there is nothing but worms
in that can.

Deployment details:

Tomcat 3.2.3 (or is it 3.2.2?)
Linux 2.4.7-10
jdk 1.3.1_03

I also tried the struts-example on a similarly configured
win nt box and get the same ClassNotFoundException.

I also need to move th jdk 1.4 and tomcat 4.  Should I do
that migration first?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan Rasmussen

=====
------ replies to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------

Anything that appears after this sentence is inserted by
Yahoo (or others) and may not be a good idea.