Hertzel Karbasi - OPTinity eBusiness Solutions wrote:

>Hello All
>
>Where can I find a document containing a brief  description of Mask pattern
>syntax used in commons-validator.
>It should be in org.apache.oro.text.perl.per5Util, but the class api in ORO
>website does not contain the syntax description
>(Regular expressions?).

It uses the jakarta regular expressions package, not to be confused with
JDK 1.4 RegExp.  The simplest--if that word can ever be used in the same
sentence as RegExp--RegExp document is actually in the javadoc for the
RE class.

http://jakarta.apache.org/regexp/apidocs/org/apache/regexp/RE.html

Happy matching,
Evan

--
Evan Schnell, Technical Lead
nVISIA, Twin Cities  "Digital Architecture and Construction"