It will convert fine, so long as you have both clever and kind users who
never enter letters in a numeric field.

ActionForms are character buffers for the HTML elements. Once the data
is collected and validated, then you should convert and/or transform it.

But since HTML and HTTP are string based, so should your ActionForms be.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services