Good Morning Comrades

Pardon me for posting this post on a Struts group. This message is on a tangent as it
discusses connection pooling and connections to UDB/400.

 I simply cound not resist it, I definitely know there are a quite a few of us who
have faced this problem hence, requesting them for advise.

I have a connection pool with connections to UDB/400 and I am using a class4 JDBC
driver. The version of the ToolBox driver is 3.0.

I create the connection pool, use connections , everything works fine, but after a
certain interval (20 minutes or so), I dont get a connection. I talked to the DBA and
came to know that the UDB session lasts for about 4 hours. So it cannot be the
database.

I connect to Oracle using a pool too, and everything is great with it.

Here is the trace I get when it fails....

Java.sql.SQLException: The connection does not exist.

2002-04-05 20:22:21,015 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] ERROR
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.dao.LabelDetailsDao - Could not retreive Labels
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.common.dao.DaoException
java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.common.exception.BaseException(java.lang.String)
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.common.dao.DaoException(java.lang.String)
java.util.Collection
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.dao.LabelDetailsDao.getLabels(java.lang.String,
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.common.util.Datastore)
java.util.Collection
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.dao.LabelDetailsDao.getLdmLabels(com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.common.util.Datastore)
java.util.Collection
com.jny.operations.mplanning.mpi.service.MpiServiceBean.getLabels()
java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object [])
java.lang.Object
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.getSimpleProperty(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.String)
java.lang.Object
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.String)
java.lang.Object org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.getProperty(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.String)

Thank You for your time
hemant