I have a question regarding the use of XML/XSLT.  Please correct me if I am
wrong, but it is my understanding that XML does not directly support
graphics.  Apparently, a new XML standard called SVG is currently being
reviewed by w3 for approval (hasn't been adopted yet) which uses scalable
vector graphics to display a page, which is pretty cool, but even that
doesn't directly support the use of gifs and jpgs unless you convert all the
graphics to vector graphics (svg format)

Is this true, or can I place graphics in XML and then define them in the XSL
doc?  If so, is this an acceptable technique?