I'm not sure if this will help but there is a open source tag library
here: http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/

It lets you load in other pages written in other languages and filters
them in to content of a jsp page. It sounds like this would let you
create the templating in jsp and rather than link them to the asp apps
you would have pages that loaded and decorated the output of those apps.

I haven't used it but have just started looking at it for this exact
situation (loading existing asp output into a java site)

John Nicholas