From: Rick Reumann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 July 2002 16:03
To: Struts List
Subject: Should I bother to try and handle this with struts?

I'm confused how I can/should handle this in Struts...

What I need to build (and long story why) is a User Administration
utility and where I'm having trouble fitting this in with struts is in
regard to the following:

Picture a case where you want to give user's certain roles based on
certain applications. So you'd have:

BackofficeApp    [ select options of possible roles ]
JoeBlowApp       [ select options of possible roles ]
DumbApp          [ select options of possible roles ]

The problem is the list of applications is dynamic so I can't hard
code these values into a form bean or in my dynamicActionForm.

Currently I'm planning on doing this an old fashioned way where after
submission I'll loop through the same dynamic list of applications and
pull up the request parameters based on the values I get back. So for
example somewhere I'd end up doing:

//while loop through applications
String appValue = request.getParameter( appNameBasedOnCurrentLoopValue );
       //update db for this app name based on value
//continue loop

Can I have a form bean gather all this data? Or should I just continue
to do it the way I'm doing it?

Thanks for any comments/help.

--

Rick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The contents of this email are intended only for the named addressees and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If received in error
please contact UPCO on +44 (0) 113 201 0600 and then delete the entire
e-mail from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or
other use of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.