I agree on the internationalization aspects... I am looking into those
now and what fun it will bring...

In an earlier draft of the document I had a bunch of illustrations, but
as it evolved I took them out until I get to a point where it is
somewhat stable.

Its an interesting point you have about breaking out the struts
directory more.  I intentionally avoided all of the that due to
arguments over what would go where in the MVC...  I am no expert on it
at all, so I don't have a big opinion on that part.  In my limited
experience I think that some of the parts of the MVC in struts blend
together somewhat.  Like I said I am new to MVC so please nobody crucify
me for saying something wrong about it.

Can you give me some examples of what would go in each of your
struts.model, struts.controller, and struts.view directories?  Maybe
that would help me see....

All in all, I am really just started trying to get a good best practices
document down for internal use, but if I can give it back to the
community also then excellent.