I've used both the basic connection pooling through struts and have also
implemented poolman lately for some projects.  I liked poolman because I
can do caching with it...

-----Original Message-----
From: nealcabage [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 3:01 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: Tomcat/Struts - DB Conn Pooling

For those of you out there who have written web apps using Tomcat and
Struts, with JDBC connectivity, what did you use for dB connection
pooling?
I understand that Struts provides some conn pooling? I read somewhere
that
Tomcat might also provide this functionality, though I wonder if they
were
referring to HTTP connection pooling, rather than dB.  Also, I suppose
there
is the possibility of using PoolMan ... or perhaps if a driver (I think
I'll
be using Connect/J for MySQL) offers it.

Could someone please provide a suggestion or some advice?

Thanks in advice.

:)

Neal

For additional commands, e-mail: