Are you missing a line-feed at the end of the struts-config.xml file? I've seen XML
parsers get confused if the file doesn't terminate correctly. You could try adding
another line-feed to the end of the file.

-----Original Message-----
From: slickdev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 2:13 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: struts-config windows 2 unix? No Action Instance

yeah, it's packaged at
 WEB-INF/classes/ecapp

I also set the struts-config action mapping thus:

 <!-- database main page action -->
 <action
   path="/dbopsAction"
          type="ecapp.dbopsAction"
   scope="request">
 </action>

On winturd$, it runs fine either packaged, or not packaged (that is, i have
two separately compiled versions: one with a package statement; one
without).  Neither works on unix.  It has to be something really simple.  I
dropped the struts taglib example onto the sun tomcat server, and it works
OK... but not my app.