>1) Look at the code snap from struts-config.xml below, what is the input
>use
>for?
>
><action    path="/page2"
>            type="john.sample.Page2FormAction"
>            scope="request"
>            name="logonForm"
>            input="/page2.jsp">
>            <forward name="next"  path="/page1.jsp"/>
></action>

Usually when I need to know something about struts-config.xml I look to the
dtd.  Goto the URI provided at the top of the struts-config.xml file in the
<!DOCTYPE> element:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd.  It is pretty
well documented.  Here is what it says about the input parameter:

input
Module-relative path of the action or other resource to which control should
be returned if a validation error isencountered. Valid only when "name" is
specified. Required if "name" is specified and the input bean returns
validation errors. Optional if "name" is specified and the input bean does
not return validation errors.

>2) I have a question now about the formbeans and forms. A user enters data
>into page1 and page1 data goes to the ActionForm page1Form.  After I check
>some data I would like to goto page2 but page2 uses page2Form which is not
>the same bean.  How do I make the new bean. move the data from the first
>bean to the new bean?

I would probably just use the same formbean for both pages.  Just extend the
formbean to encompass the new properties you need for Page2.

Craig W. Tataryn
Programmer/Analyst
Compuware