Darren,

No I don't have an example.war file for you although I *might* be able to do
that tonight.  However, below I've included the web.xml and
securityfilter-config.xml entries for the app.

Also, the securityfilter mailing list at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/securityfilter-user doesn't
appear to be real active but the author of the securityfilter (Max Cooper)
does read and reply, and I've yet to have a question go unanswered from
either him or someone else on the list.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

web.xml (relevant portion only)
-------------------------------
        <!-- Security Filter Configuration -->
        <filter>
                <filter-name>Security Filter</filter-name>
                <filter-class>org.securityfilter.filter.SecurityFilter</filter-class>
                <init-param>
                         <param-name>config</param-name>
                         <param-value>/WEB-INF/securityfilter-config.xml</param-value>
                         <description>Configuration file location (this is the default
value)</description>
                </init-param>
                <init-param>
                         <param-name>validate</param-name>
                         <param-value>true</param-value>
                         <description>Validate config file if set to true</description>
                </init-param>
        </filter>

        <!-- map all requests to the SecurityFilter, control what it does with
configuration settings -->
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>Security Filter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

securityfilter-config.xml (complete)
------------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE securityfilter-config PUBLIC
                                        "-//SecurityFilter.org//DTD Security Filter
Configuration//EN"

"http://www.securityfilter.org/dtd/securityfilter-config_1_0.dtd";>

<securityfilter-config>

        <security-constraint>
                <web-resource-collection>
                        <web-resource-name>Email List Subscription
Services</web-resource-name>
                        <url-pattern>/emailLists/subscribe.do</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
                <auth-constraint>
                        <role-name>user</role-name>
                </auth-constraint>
        </security-constraint>

        <login-config>
                <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
                <form-login-config>
                        <form-login-page>/users/login/index.jsp</form-login-page>
                        <form-error-page>/users/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
                        <form-default-page>/home.do</form-default-page>
                </form-login-config>
        </login-config>

        <!-- start with a Catalina realm adapter to wrap the Catalina realm
definied below -->
        <realm className="org.securityfilter.realm.catalina.CatalinaRealmAdapter"/>

        <realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm">
                <realm-param name="name" value="JDBC Security Realm"/>
                <realm-param name="driverName" value="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"/>
                <realm-param name="debug" value="99"/>
                <realm-param name="connectionURL"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/foo?user=foo&amp;password=pass"/>
                <realm-param name="userTable" value="users"/>
                <realm-param name="userNameCol" value="username"/>
                <realm-param name="userCredCol" value="password"/>
                <realm-param name="userRoleTable" value="roles"/>
                <realm-param name="roleNameCol" value="role"/>
        </realm>

</securityfilter-config>