Eddie's technically right, but I think you meant:

"How do I make one of my links go through an action class and popup the results in a
new window?"

...and the answer is:

from your action</a>

You can conditionally output a popup or non-popup version of the link using
logic:equal or logic:present tags if that's what you want to do.

peace,
Joe