Hi again,
Thanks for the pointer.
I tried the following two variations of codes, however, the results were
same as per the earlier email.

<logic:isPresent property="<mytaglib:getvalue name="cost" />">
FREE
</logic:isPresent>

<logic:notPresent property="<mytaglib:getvalue name="cost" />">
FREE
</logic:notPresent>

The getValue tag returns a String object.

Is something wrong with this code ?
Also, one more doubt is if the property attribute that I have used in the
above code for isPresent tag, is it the correct use ? As the value I want to
check comes from my own tag library.

If I cannot achieve this using the logic taglib, is there  another elegant
way to do this ?

Many Thanks,
Tejas