I don't know what's going on here, but ... my first reaction is that
your container is broke.  The path you specify for an action *should* be
relative to the module containing it.

What version of Struts are you running?
Did you develop under the same container you deployed under?  None of it
should have to change ... really ... that's the point

Having never had this issue before, I'm not certain what would be giving
you this problem.  What should happen to you, assuming you're using
http://some.server:8888/apps/myApp/apps/myApp/doSomething.do

... <punt/> Sorry, I have no clue.

--
Eddie Bush