Frederic Barozzi wrote:

>You're rigth.
>but , in an other hand all my software users want:
>- a garantee of standar.
>- a complete source code.
>- and all reasons that explain lib uses and architecture choices.
>
>For example, it was difficult to explain the "Struts framwork" choice. Why
>don't you use standar java classes, they said !

Because if I did that it would take longer to build your application -
and it would cost more.

... that's what I'd say :-)

>If they have money and give
>time ...why not ?

Quality?  There's a reason.  There are so many folks that have this
stuff in (heavy!) production environments.  That means bugs get found -
and fixed!

Are they really not concerned about time?  ... they must have more
dollars than cents (read: sense).

>So, my question is an architecture one: "the best way to mix xml ans jsp (if
>it exists!)"
>
>Tanks

I'm sorry - I can't give you advice on your problem :-( but there are
others around that probably can.  I do understand your perdicament -
sounds like someone with a bad case of NIH syndrome (Not Invented Here).
 How many times do you have to reinvent the wheel before you figure out
that - as long as it's nicely rounded ... and rolls smoothly - there's
no need to do it again!  Ok - that might not be the best way to explain
it to them, but I think you get my point ...

--
Eddie Bush