You do realize that you have full liberty to define your own constraints, right?

Adam Sherman wrote:

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

One thing I don't understand is, why would all of the definitions in
validator-rules.xml have the 'depend=required' attribute? I would think the
application designer would want to be able to specify which fields are
required, etc. and not have validator make the choice for him/her....

Maybe someone assumed that you would never want a field to be (blank or valid). Some fields need to be validated only if they contain a value.

Can one of the developers comment on this?

Thanks,

A.

--
Eddie Bush