I have the current setup
JSP (behind an Action) <-> Action -> JSP (behind an Action)

The Action in the middle does several things, none particularly large (let's
say 10 lines of code each). It would probably be cleaner design to separate
the tasks into separate actions. However, I am curious about the overhead
attached to this within the Struts system.

Right now there is one Action called which either returns to the first JSP
or continues to the second JSP. Breaking that Action up increases the number
of messges passed around in the system, however, I don't know how Struts
works under-the-hood, so I don't know how much extra Struts work would take
place. Can anyone tell me how much extra activity is generated by each
additional Action?

thx
andy