Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Eddie Bush wrote:

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:45:46 -0500
From: Eddie Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [OT] Serialization issue - stream has problems flushing?

That is exactly what I suggested to him, but he suggests he is doing
this.

Ask him to show you the code :-).

He coded it right. Everyone there has issues with ObjectOutputStream.flush not working. I'm not sure if it's a JDK thing (prob IBM - JDK 1.3 I think).

In any event, I'm looking into the betwixt/digester combo to replace what they're currently using - they seem kind of resistant to the betwixt suggestion though. I may just suggest (since the beans they're dealing with are relatively simple) that if they don't want to add betwixt they could just add a toXML function to each bean that would return a XML-formatted string representation. They could write that out *many* different ways.

One clearification, if you (or anyone else) would be so kind:

Digester says it needs "An xml parser conforming to SAX 2.0" and "optionally" you may have JAXP 1.1+. Am I reading that correctly that, if you have JAXP 1.1+ you don't need an additional parser? Any recommendations on which way to go here? I use JDK 1.4 and the facilities provided therein, so this isn't an issue I've had to face.

--
Eddie Bush