This was at the end of another thread and didn't get any response so I'm moving it into a new thread.

John Nicholas

Andrew Hill wrote:

Barracuda?
.

John Nicholas wrote: Maybe this should be in it's own thread but I would be interested in advantages that other frameworks may offer. I hate seeing people get too much in the 'home team' mentality rather than the 'best tool for the job' mentality. I like struts and am in the middle of my 3rd project with it but I can't believe it's the best tool for every possible web publishing job.

Struts seems very focused on form handling and is perfect for web applications but what about a large brochure site? I would think another framework (like cocoon) might work better for a site that needs to manage 100s or 1000s of detailed pages but has little user input.I could see how tapestry or xmlc might work better where html designers are going to be working on the site more than programmers.

I'd like to see comments like Framework X is better than Struts where you have situations Y and Z.