I have two essentially identical pairs of Struts actions and Tiles
definitions, which are behaving differently, and problematically.

I have these two actions in a sub-application struts-config:

        <action
            path="/fwpagetemplate"
            type="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction"
            validate="false">
          <forward name="success" path="fwmaterials.page"
contextRelative="true" />
        </action>

        <action
            path="/fwpagetemplate2"
            type="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction"
            validate="false">
          <forward name="success" path="fw.test" contextRelative="true" />
        </action>

And, I have two corresponding Tiles definitions, which are identical other
than the names:
fwmaterials.page
fwmaterials.page

Making a request from a browser to these two actions results in this output
in Tomcat:

        [INFO] RequestProcessor - -Processing a 'GET' for path
'/fwpagetemplate2'
        processActionForward(fw.test, true)
          'fw.test' - processed as uri
        [INFO] RequestProcessor - -Processing a 'GET' for path
'/fwpagetemplate'
        processActionForward(fwmaterials.page, true)
          'fwmaterials.page' - processed as definition

For some reason, action /fwpagetemplate2 which forwards to fw.test is
processed as URI and displays a blank page, while action /fwpagetemplate
which forwards to fwmaterials.page is processed as a Tiles definition and
displays properly.  I have spent a fair amount of time looking at this, and
can't come up with a reason for this.  Has anyone run into this, or have any
explanation/idea about this?

Thanks.