Well ... you use URL mappings to specify them, right? If you can't change the ending perhaps you should change something else? ... say:

instead of: *.do
use: /secure/*

... or something along those lines. If I understand right, you probably won't like that solution. Sorry! You can add multiple constraints, so, what you might do is just maybe ... specify something like:

/<module>/secure/*

... for each module. You then have a secure area inside of every module. Now, so far as actually implementing this in your configuration goes, the path of the action does not have to have anything whatsoever to do with the physical on-disk structure of your files. Because of this, you can *easily* specify an action with 'path="/secure/someAction"' - and *boom* it's "secure". That makes it really easy to make something secure down the road too - just change the path of the action and restart (and, if Ted gets his "reference actions by name" proposal in for 1.1 final, you'll be able to [assuming you use the action name for linking!] rest assured there is nothing else to change!)

You could also have ... say a /pub area vs a /private or /secure or /<whateveryouwant> area. Again, you have several options.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ok, my mistake, I missed the warnings when I RTFM. Now, any ideas on how to put container security on some action without
specifying them all. I don't want to put a pattern like securXXXXX.do
everywhere I need security. I know there is the struts-config action
attribute «roles» but I really prefer a container managed security plus my
exploitation group requires it.

Thank you
Stephan

--