Yes, I use 6.1 sp2 at work, and I came across the exact same problem with
an app just recently, and the problem was the html. The requirement for
the app is to return all results on the same page (it currently returned
100 at a time), which means the possibility for rows and rows of data
(the most I've returned in testing was over 4000). The problem with ours
was the fact that the table and cell widths were all relative. In that
case, IE would not render the table until all the data
was returned so it could determine the width that all the table cells
needed to be. The solution was to make the table a fixed-width by setting
the table and cell widths to a certain number of pixels (instead of a
percentage) and to set the table-layout style to fixed (see the CSS2 specs
at www.w3c.org). The reason that setting table-layout to fixed makes it
faster is that the browser will calculate the table using only the widths
of the cells and not the data in the cells. So, it will render
immediately. The problem you will have is if you cannot always predict the
width of the data in the cell. If it is longer than the cell width, the
cell will not adjust and the data will not wrap - it will get cut off (at
least in IE).

> > Davide Bruzzone wrote:
> >
> >>Greetings all...
> >>
> >>I'd like to try to find out if anyone else out there is using WebLogic
> >>(We're using version 6.1 SP2) with Struts and/or just JSPs that might have
> >>some performance tips that they might be able to share...
> >

> > <Snip>

--> stu: www.stuology.net
It just no longer is plain simple safe fun
when it's the psycho chimp that has the ray gun