This question about integrating Struts and Jetspeed was of some interest
to me too.

I subscribed to the jetspeed user ml and it looks like there is some
activity (20-40 messages a day), although typical questions involve
stuff like connecting to a db, ldap sources and so on, no really
development/feature requests questions.

Do you think that using the portal features of tiles could help in
developing a portal application based on Struts?
Right now (after knowing of jetspeed's death) it looks to me as a (the
only?) good choice.

umberto

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 04:13, James Higginbotham wrote:
> Thanks for the info..
>
> >You should probably check out the BasicPortal project at
> ><http://basicportal.sourceforge.net/>; it's based on Struts and
> >organized by some pretty active members of the struts-user community.
> >It doesn't use OJB as far as I know.
>
> Will do...
>
> >As for Jetspeed being dead...  I'm not even a Jetspeed user, let
> >alone a developer, but the dev mailing list monthly volume is higher
> >than that of Lucene or even Log4J...  However, from my exploring,
> >I've gotten a mixed impression about the strength of the project
> >community.  I'm curious which list archives have diagnosed its death?
>
> Well, my understanding for a friend is that their Portal JSR impl was
> trying to be farmed out and that no one on the jetspeed team was going
> to do it. Maybe IBM stepped up and offered some help? That was several
> months ago.. Beyond that, I've noticed little changes to the web site,
> references to 2+ yr old articles (nothing newer), and no large feature
> improvements on their site in the last year or so.. Maybe I'm missing
> something, or maybe I should be monitoring their CVS archive more, but
> that's my impression, above the JSR side. I do see lots of activity, on
> the list, though.
>
> Thanks Joe for the info.. I'm really looking for a combination of
> Jetspeed + Slide + Cocoon + OSWorkflow for a CMS solution, but can't
> find anything other than PHP solutions at this point - and ones that
> lacks many features as well. I've stayed away from Jetspeed due to the
> new JSR potentially changing things drastically and its lack of
> perceived progress. I'll check into again to see if anything has
> changed.
>
> Regards,
> James

Umberto Nicoletti
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Tel. +390415701366

"We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall