I'd be sorely tempted to either make the user print them page-by-page or provide a CSV file they could download which contained the same information. That way, they can format it/print it out -- and you're freed from the headache you're having :-)

Reinhard Dunst wrote:

Hi
I'm new in Struts and I run into a problem with very large lists for
printing. Normaly I limit the lists to a given number of records, but for
printing in need all the records from the database.
My first try was to collect all the records i need in a low priority thread
in the background, store it into the session context and display the list in
a "<logic:iterate .." loop inside a JSP-tile. But what shall I do, if the
list contains thousends of rows.
Is there a way to send the data row by row from the server to the client as
a continuous datastream.

If yes, I don't know how. Is there a way to do that with Struts and how can
I use JSP-tiles to format the output

Thanks
Reinhard Dunst

--