I typically go for seperate Action subclasses. The dispatch stuff works really well, but, having not found a way to have one "function" of the action not validate - and the rest validate - I have "copped out" to the "quick fix" :-(.

I'd be most interested if someone knows how you can use a dispatch-type action and still use conditional validation.

Perhaps invoking it yourself is the way to go (and just set validate="false")? I didn't think about that when I was sitting down setting convention ;-O It's not really that big of an issue to me though. Most modern IDEs, once you declare an interface or super-class will bring in methods that need to be overriden (abstract functions). Those methods it doesn't automatically add are just a couple of clicks off, and then - voila - you've got your method skelleton sitting there to flesh out.

Wendy Smoak wrote:

Eddie wrote:

Gotcha! Validate defaults to true :-O
... so set it to false in your populate action ;-)

Will do... but how could you *ever* set it to true with a
LookupDispatchAction?  It's validating *before* the form is ever displayed
for the first time.  Of course it's going to fail!

I am attempting to use a ValidationForm here.  I haven't quite figured out
the many options available-- any suggestions will be appreciated.

--
Eddie Bush