You're the first person I've ever heard say they like Netscape 7! Truly amazing considering it's a memory hog and very slow. Whatever floats your boat ;-) ...

My favorite Netscape 7 feature: the install puts about 500 AOL, RealPlayer, and Netscape icons all over your hard drive. "If we irritate people with all these shortcuts, they'll have to use it more!"

David

From: "Michael Delamere" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: IE's autocomplete
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:32:00 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Stoessel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. November 2002 16:22
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: OT: IE's autocomplete

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thanks Robert...
>
> I realise Struts is a server side framework but take the Struts
notation
> for say an input box e.g. <html:text property="name" size="35"/>
> It supports the attributes 'alt', 'disabled' and various
> Javascript-specific extensions which are not all supported or rendered
the
> same in different browsers...
> I have read several mails inquiring about the same thing, if the
> 'autocomplete' extension will be accessible through Struts in the
future...
> The auotcomplete function is a security risk or is percieved as such
by
> many people, it would seem more like common sense to cater for it in
> whatever means possible, even if it simply serves to make STRUTS more
> attractive as a rapid development framework for people who are going
to use
> IE to view the application and where security is an issue.

> If security is such a big issue, why the heck are you using IE as a
> client? I am having success in getting clients to switch to mozilla
> as the preferred client for all my web applications. Multiplatform
> yet consistent view for everyone.

Great idea, but near impossible to accomplish. Ok, if you know who is
going to be using the clients, you might be able to do some persuasion
:-)! We´ve actually started using Netscape 7.x which I find to be quite
good! Still, I find that the majority use the IE and it will take a
while, more likely never, to get people away from it!

Regards,

Michael Delamere

--
Vincent Stoessel