Your prblem intered me too, especially because java code inside the page makes the code and indentation messy:

So I've found this link http://www.basebeans.com/standard-examples/import/index.html

There is the solution you are looking for, and other funny tricks.

regards,
kiuma

P.S. : remember to use struts-el !!
I'm using them and I'm Very happy with!

Alex McLintock wrote:

I am trying to insert a struts value into a parameter in a URL. However I need to URL encode the value because else characters like " " will confuse Netscape.
Is there a "proper" way of doing this in Struts?

I am currently doing something like this....

<%@ page import="java.net.URLEncoder" %>

<bean:write name="title" property="value"/>
</a>

But I am not happy about it....I want as little java in the jsp template as possible.

Alex Mc

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/