I've looked all over the archives and cannot find any help with the
following and the tiles documentation...well there is really no
documentation.

I have a controller url class that does the following:

public void perform(ComponentContext context,
                                               HttpServletRequest request,
                                               HttpServletResponse response,
                                               ServletContext
servletContext)
                                                                throws
ServletException, IOException{

                Logger logger =
Logger.getLogger(GetApplicationsAction.class);
                        logger.debug("perform on GetApplicationsAction was
called...");
                        String test = "TEST";
                        context.putAttribute( "test", test);
        }

my tiles definiton looks as follows:

<definition name="add.application.page" extends="layout.page"
controllerClass="com.nielsenmedia.nam.ui.action.GetApplicationsAction">
    <put name="body" value="/jsps/addApplication.jsp"></put>
    <put name="page.title" value="add.application.title"></put>
</definition>

and in addApplication.jsp I have:
<tiles:importAttribute name="test"/>

The problem is that I get the following error:
[ServletException in:/jsps/addApplication.jsp] Error - tag importAttribute :
property 'test' not found in context. Check tag syntax'

Even though I set the variable into the component context, I cannot get the
page to pick it up.

What am I missing????

Thanks