How are you instantiating this factory class? Ie When?

you should be able to call getServlet().getServletContext() to pass the servlet
context to your factory.

b-

 --- On Sun 12/01, Jonathan Holloway  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  wrote:From: Jonathan Holloway
[mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]]To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 01:13:22 -0000Subject: RE: Obtaining the ActionServlet context from a
utility classI'm embedding the attributes themselves in the struts-config file and
passing these to a custom struts plugin that I've created.  I then
embed these attributes in the servlet context on startup of the class
(i.e. in the init method).

The thing is I have another factory class that needs access to the
servlet
context and that's the problem I have, getting hold of the action
servlet
before obtaining the servlet context to retrieve the attributes.

I sit possible just to embed the functionality of my factory class in my
plugin class and simply call the methods in the plugin class.  I didn't
think this was the right way hence the creation of a factory class and
a plugin class to do the job.

I don't want to use the utility in non Struts related classes either,
this is purely for my Struts action classes use.

Jon.