If you look at the docs on the messages tag you will find it supports multiple ResourceBundles/properties files as does the entire Struts framework.

David

From: "Khalid K." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: usefulness of html:message tag
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:57:05 -0800

Being new to the struts world, I have the following question:

The <html:message> tag uses ApplicationResources.properties file which is defined in struts-config.xml file.
This works fine for small sites. But what if the site contains 100s if not 1000s lines of text which needs to be managed and internationalized ? In that case ApplicationResource.properties file becomes huge and unmanageable, and furthermore as far as I can tell, you are allowed to have only 1 resource file per web app. So internationalization is out of question.

In our case, we don't use html:message tag, but instead we use ResourceBundle to get the resource spanish/english and then in our JSPs we create a bean, and just do a <bean_name>.getValue("key").

Any ideas of how to approach this in another way ???

Thanks,

Khalid