and if I also change the type of my indexed getter like this:

  /**
   * getter for indexed property in myFoos
   */
  public TimeProofTableBean getTimeProofList(int index) {
     if (index >= timeProofList.size())
       return new TimeProofTableBean();
     return (TimeProofTableBean) timeProofList.get(index);
   }

I get following error:

18:49:56,141 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service()
for
servlet action threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:980)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProc
essor.java:779)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.ja
va:246)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:129
2)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:260)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve
.java:246)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex

the same error I had before!

--
Fehlerfreie Software wirkt weniger komplex und diskreditiert damit den
Entwickler!