-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Barefoot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 5:18 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: scope

> LDHBe> The jsp containing the html:option tag is the last
> thing the request is
> LDHBe> forwarded to
>
> The forwarded page does not have access to the request any longer.

I think you mean on a redirect.  JSPs that are forwarded to definitely have
access to the HttpServletRequest object; that's how references to
request-scope form beans are obtained in the first place.

Dennis, have you tried putting debugging statements in the JSP using a
scriplet?  Just grab the ActionForm in question from the request, cast it to
the right type, and print out the values in question.  That should narrow it
down a bit.

I did just that. Wrote a scriplet that gets the bean out of the request (it
was there) and guess what ?? the bean has the correct values. Hmmmmm??

I am thinking the html:option tag does not check the request object for it
and goes straight to session, but this is without diving into the tag lib
code.

If no joy, post us some more info. with some snippets from your form(s) and
JSP.