> Thanks Oliver for the reply..I did look into this and as u
> said, this is the
> way...But I have another question..
>
> Is there any way to directly convert from HTML or JSP to
> pdf?I mean why do i
> have to write xsl again just to create the page layout when I
> do already have
> the page layout created  in jsps or generated html?And I dont
> have any special
> formatting requiremants...
>
> So is there any such API / product available?

I know no product for that.
But you can use the print capabilities of browsers for that.
Most sites use this technique.
They have a fancy HTML view for browsing, and a very light printable
version and the user "File> Print" it.
It works pretty well.

IE has HTML extensions for page formatting (it is absolutely
non-standard, but can be useful sometimes).

The power of FO is to have a VERY different formatting between
HTML view and PDF view.
It is very good for manuals printing for example (you browse
them via the web and there are links, you print it
and have page references instead).

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.