I am using struts 1.1b3. When the validation fails, the error can be shown on the page
using <html:errors>. Now I have an action form page(say book.jsp, on this page there
is a  required field-- book title), I want an error.jsp, when the validation (example,
title field is null) fails, the error page is invoked.

I tried to define a <forward> attribute in struts-config.xml and put the target of it
as the error.jsp, but struts still shows the action form page (book.jsp) when
validation fails. However, when validation passes, the error.jsp is invoked correctly.

Any ideas on How to invoke an error.jsp when the validation fails?

Thanks.